Inside – A Very Bauble Christmas CAL is a free crochet along that features 10 crochet ornament patterns in 10 days. Learn more about this CAL here.
Do you love adding a touch of crochet to your Christmas tree? Then, you’re in the right spot for this Crochet Ornament CAL. A Very Bauble Christmas CAL will help you create 10 beautiful baubles to trim your tree for a handmade holiday this season.
The Year of the “Nice” Christmas Tree
For the last 10 years, my Christmas tree has been decked out in a smorgasbord of handmade ornaments. They range from handblown glass houses from the 1940’s to squiggly creations from an elementary child. Every year, my tree’s theme is “handmade concoctions through the ages”. The Christmas tree tells stories and shares memories of past adventures. It’s the one scrapbook I actually crack open every year. But this year, I’m adding a second tree to my home. One of curated beauty, and A Very Bauble Christmas CAL will help me trim it out with 10 new crochet ornaments!
What is this Crochet Ornament CAL?
Erin from Juniper & Oakes teamed up with me to create this event. A Very Bauble Christmas CAL provides you with 10 crochet ornaments to make in 10 days. There is a little bit of everything in terms of design – simple and clean to textured and colorful.
What to Expect
- Event runs from Monday, November 28th through Sunday, December 11th, 2022
- A new crochet bauble pattern will be available for free at 9am EST each day Monday through Friday
- A Bauble Bundle will be available for pre-sale on Wednesday, November 23rd
- Event takes places in the High Desert Yarn Handmade Community on Facebook
- Need daily reminders for this CAL? Signup for the HDY Newsletter to get them sent straight to your inbox. Click here to signup.
Erin and I purposely used the same yarn weight and hook size to keep everything uniform. The best part – these ornaments use up those bits and bobs of leftover skeins! I used a little from my current stash – the sparkly red and earthy green. However, my stash didn’t have a cream sparkly yarn, so I picked up a skein of I Love This Yarn Metallic from Hobby Lobby.
- Worsted Weight Yarn – approx. 25yds per bauble
- Crochet Hook – H/8 (5.00mm)
- 2.65″ plastic ornaments (I bought mind from Hobby Lobby)
- Tapestry needle
- Christmas Tree to Hang Them On
Exclusive Bauble Bundle
Would you rather read a printed crochet pattern than from a screen? I would, and often use printed crochet patterns. It makes it easier on my eyes than reading from a screen. For that reason, this event includes a pattern bundle of all 10 crochet baubles for $12. This bundle is only available during this event. Grab it now to keep all 10 pattens for every Christmas to come!
Pre-order starts Wednesday, November 23rd.
Click here to buy the bundle.
The Very Bauble Christmas CAL has begun!
- Click on the link to the free pattern below.
- Crochet the gorgeous bauble.
- Post a a finished picture in the HDY Handmade Community on Facebook – click here to join
- Also, upgrade to the Bauble Bundle to keep these patterns forever – click here to purchase
Daily Lineup of Crochet Ornament Patterns
Arvensis Bauble by High Desert Yarn
Simple Moss Bauble by Juniper & Oakes
Sonora Bauble by High Desert Yarn
The Plus Side Bauble by Juniper & Oakes
Two Track by High Desert Yarn
Spumoni by Juniper & Oakes
Icicle Bauble by High Desert Yarn
Granny Bauble by Juniper & Oakes
Cozy Sweater Bauble by High Desert Yarn
Cozy Alpine Bauble by Juniper & Oakes
More Festive Blog Posts for the Holidays
- Evergreen Cheer Wall Hanging – crochet pattern
- Mariposa Blanket CAL – crochet pattern + learning the art of savoring your season
- 5 Trusted Tips to Make Gifts without Extra Stress – tips + tricks blog post
High Desert Yarn is made possible by YOUR support. Thank you for reading this blog post, and helping build High Desert Yarn. Happy Creating, Joanna